My Lists

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter blessings

Functioningguzzler wrote today about counting her blessings.  After watching the news about the bombings in Sri Lanka, I wanted to note the connection with Easter.  I wish people could stop killing each other over Religion.  Isn't it enough to have spirituality, whatever it is for someone, without having the belief that others should die if they don't believe as you do?  Enough of a soapbox, just so frustrating and sad to watch the news.

As I proceed through my Easter Sunday and get ready for the official Day 1, again, tomorrow, I think of this day's meaning of resurrection.  It's a good day to realize what a blessing I have that I have life. That I live every day, have lived for almost 50 years, have given life to another and that pissing my life away with numbing alcohol is just ridiculous.

I don't just want 30 days, I want more.  It's time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on this one. It is time!

    I don't watch the news, because it always so negative, it brings me down. I try to think of all the good in the world, because there is a lot of it.

    Here's to new beginnings!! xo, ll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that Easter would be a wonderful day to stop drinking.
    New hope.
    Without hope I could not function.
    Hope, gratitude, love.
    Look outwards!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete