My Lists

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Day 14

Kinda busy today.  One family member still here and another arrived last night.  One leaves Sunday, one leaves Monday and we head on a trip with the remaining one.  All non drinkers which is helpful.

I just wanted to note that I have now survived two Pilates classes.  I had NO idea how much I would like this stuff.  I thought it was for skinny bitches who could stretch themselves into pretzels.  Okay, there were a few of those there but the rest were about my age and we all just giggled at some of the moves.  I felt so good after, though, and the 50 minutes went so fast!

I have always been intimated by gym situations.....would I wear the right thing?....would I know what to do?.....would it be really crowded?...….would I need to talk to people or would I feel left out?

Pilates is perfect for me.  You walk in and there are 12 tables.  There is equipment in between so you have a lot of personal space.  They are staggered so that when you sit up you aren't staring at the person opposite.  You know it won't be crowded.  If you want to look over, make eye contact with the person on either side or across, you can.  Or not.  I actually kept my eyes shut for a lot of it and relaxed into the moves.  Very cool.

If I had known about this exercise that could raise your heartbeat, stretch you out AND you get to lie down on a bed, I would have been here years ago!!  I'm so excited!

This upcoming week is vacation so just lots of hiking but when I get back I'm looking forward to "trying" other exercise.  On my list is a yoga class (that I have been procrastinating for years), a spin class (I did one once on a cruise and loved it), a Zumba class (only done it on the Wii thus far) and a water Zumba or water workout class.

I'm hoping that I can create a repertoire of stuff to do so that I fit in exercise every day of some sort without realizing I'm actually exercising and that I view it as a fun thing to do!

I also cleaned the pool today and snuck in a bit more of an upper body workout.  Even though in a bathing suit I am always reminded of my favorite dish towel.....(no, I don't actually put it out for people to see)….that says "we don't skinny dip here, we chunky dunk!"  That's okay, if the neighbors want to peer over the fence or fly their drone and see me "whaling", that's their problem!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment