My Lists

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Continuing the fight

I'm not giving up!  Accepting that ANY time I drink in a situation of no responsibility it will end up with me drinking more than is healthy means that I can't start drinking at all.

It's such a strange thing to go out to dinner, have a glass of wine, come home, go to bed.  Or to go to a friends house where they are serving wine and not drink to much.  But, jeezel, give me wine at home, where I am not driving and others aren't around (other than hubs) to judge my behavior and forget-about-it!  There I go.

I was on vacation for goodness sake.  No stress, nothing really to worry about, not even out socializing or needing to loosen up....it's just a frickin bad habit.

Consciously I don't even want this crap.  It's a process.  I know a lot of bloggers have been at it for years before they hit success.  I'm at 3 years right now.  This is ending now.  NO more letting that inner brat win, even on vacation!



6 comments:

  1. I'm ready to start with you! Hang it there, you will do it this time! Giant hugs! ll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it! I'm ready to start again Monday with you!

      Delete
  2. It definitely did take me awhile.
    Unfortunately in my case, the consequences got worse.
    Still never got a DUI, but fighting with hubs, a couple of bad blackouts.
    Took me a total of 6 years of trying off and on.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how it can escalate, especially as my tolerance increases. I'm going to keep on trying!

      Delete
  3. I'm really super impressed you can even go out with friends and have just one glass of wine (seems like a super power to me)! I was NEVER like that, it was always all or nothing for me which probably made it a little easier to eventually say no to it all. The thing I would suggest, is think about your thoughts when your out with friends or out to dinner and see if you are constantly thinking about managing how much you have? Is it stressful to know that you are just going to have 1-2 glasses or does your mind have to constantly be thinking about it, contemplating your next move, rationalizing how many or how many not to have? I found the mental energy around even that first glass of wine to be utterly exhausting, because it didn't just last up to that first glass...it was continuous throughout the whole frickin night!!! SO much mental energy was spend on just thinking about drinking or not drinking. You will be amazed and it will be so freeing to open up that space for something else! Keep going :) . Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is a lot of work. More so at home for me though. This past week I tried to have just two glasses. It just didn't work. I'm starting again Monday with Lia. I won't drink tonight but given that we are going to a party, tomorrow, I'm just not committing. I will either be on Day 3 again Monday or Day 1.

      Delete