My Lists

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Day 12

I have a new laptop that boots up in seconds, not 20 minutes.  I can now sit in bed in the morning with tea and catch up on blogs before I get out of my cozy bed.  Before, I could read on my phone, but to type I had to actually move to another room.

This morning I blew my hour reading not writing and I have to get up now.  Just wanted to note that its Day 12.  Slight thoughts of drinking alcohol but I have been pretty busy and distracted.  Have lost 1 lb but that could just be water or loss of muscle mass.  I need to drink more water to make up for the liquid I used to drink in wine.  When the wine belly starts to subside I'll know I'm making progress.

They say the kidneys don't notice what liquid you drink but the liver sure does!  I feel like my face is less puffy.  I sleep pretty well but have strange dreams.  At least if I wake up in the middle of the night I can get back to sleep and not ruminate about everything I need to do nor fret about my life.

I've been resisting sugar except for when I first get home from work.  All bets are off then.  I load up on a few pieces of sugar and have tea with stevia.  Doesn't the stevia cancel out the sugar anyway? :-(

Have had family here with a birthday so that means ice cream cake after dinner.  Ick.  Too hard to resist.

I really haven't worked out in two weeks.  Bad girl.  Trainer was sick and then on vacation so today will be first day back.  Yikes.  Time to get moving in more ways than one!  Time to make diet and exercise a focus!

4 comments:

  1. 12 days is awesome.
    Enjoy the cake, take the down time. Exercise and diet can follow later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know but too much sugar keeps the cravings alive. It's like one extreme or another. I look forward to finding some balance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 12 Days!
    I have been getting myself one little bag of peanut m%ms.
    Otherwise, there is no sugary foods in the house.
    I hope you got your workout in!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and tried Pilates. Now THAT was cool. Cardio exercise where you are laying down, I dig it!

      Delete