My Lists

Sunday, June 3, 2018

June 3

Yesterday was good.  Great workout session in the morning, fairly good maintenance on the food front and didn't drink.  Enjoyed alcohol free wine at half the calories of the real stuff.  Slept pretty well. 

I still get up in the middle of the night when I'm not drinking because I drink tea before bed.  However, it is really nice to be able to get right back to sleep and not ruminate about every thought I have.

I spent this morning drafting various posts of things I wanted to say but once I got them on paper the thoughts seemed so petty AND they were then already out of my head.

The bottom line is that I drink in the evening to relax and blot out any frustrations I have in my life.  Simply put, I'm drugging myself.  When I was writing this morning, venting about those frustrations, I just felt like I was making excuses.   I just need to learn to deal with the cravings, understand I'll be grumpy at cocktail hour until it passes and then move on! 

I have the power to change my life if I really want to......or just learn to appreciate where I've come from, what I have and where I'm going!

Looking forward to cleaning out my closet today and getting in a swim!  Happy Sunday!




1 comment:

  1. Change is hard, but you said it well, "I have the power...". This is something I struggle with as well, but I'm making progress and this is what I'm focusing on for now. Hope your Sunday ended with your closet cleaned out and your swim being great! ll

    ReplyDelete