My Lists

Sunday, June 17, 2018

June 17

Last night turned out to be easier than expected but old habits die hard.

In the morning I asked hubs if he would want to watch a movie later that night.  He said yes.  I hesitantly asked if he wanted to see 50 Shades Darker.  Lol.  He said okay but we might need wine.  Yikes.  I said "never mind then" with a smile.  He then said he might be able to handle it sober.

First let me say that I'm really not a big fan of the movie series. No more than I was of the Twilight movies.  But I loved the books.  Something about the Twilight books and the 50 shades books had me hooked.  I suppose it is true that some things are best left to the imagination and yet I still wanted to see the characters come alive in the movies.

We then decided to do a hike.  I was hesitant because I was feeling a bit "down" and a bit frustrated about all of the things I have to do around the house.  But I overcame the dumps and said okay to the hike.  I knew deep down that it would make me feel better.  So when we got home after a 3 hour nonstop hike in the mountains and elevation climb from 8500 ft to 10,000 ft, I was f'ing exhausted.  I have never been so tired. 

Remember HALT?
Hungy - that was me ravenous
Angry - not really angry but grumpy and with a headache from the altitude and sun
Lonely - not but would have liked my own space at that point
Tired - terribly!

3 out of 4 = wine.  We agreed we were in need of a serious jacuzzi when we got home.  I said I might need wine.  Hubs, bless his heart said "let's have old miluakee beer (alcohol free) in the jacuzzi and then re-evaluate."

So we got home and I scarfed a leftover cheeseburger patty and some blue corn tortillas and medium salsa.  Hit the jacuzzi with our near beers and soaked up some more sunshine.  I still had the headache when I got out, was still totally exhausted but at least I wasn't hungry and, frankly, was too tired to even consider an alcoholic buzz.  However, hubs had to run to the store and I admit to secretly wondering if he would bring wine home for the movie.  I also admit to being a bit bummed when he didn't even though I really didn't have a craving.  Again, old habits die hard.

We watched our movie with tea.  Okay it was pretty silly but the best part was watching how appalled the hubs got at certain scenes.  He stayed quiet but I caught him shaking his head and rolling his eyes.  It was so funny!  You should have seen his face when I mentioned that there was a third one in the series we could watch.  I have now been committed to watching the entire Shark Week when it is on.......

It does feel good to be bright and alert on a Sunday morning and even though we don't have any kids around, hubs had nice fathers day gifts to open from them which kicked the day off nicely.  I'm still sore but not as bad as I thought I would be.  Dogs are another story.  One is limping a bit and neither is leaving their spot on the floor in the sunshine unless they are absolutely positive they could benefit from any goings-on in the kitchen.  I was impressed they came in for some of my morning smoothie!

This afternoon we have been invited to a Fathers Day BBQ.  I won't drink but if he wants a beer I'm cool with that.  He has only had one other drink since June 1 and that was 1 beer he caved and had when out with the guys.  Don't you hate it how weight just falls off men when they don't drink?  So frustrating!  Oh well, I'll get there!!  I feel overall better with myself right now even if I haven't lost weight and that's what counts most I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment