My Lists

Saturday, June 16, 2018

June 16

Last night we went to have dinner with friends who don't drink. Again, another protected evening because I knew drinking wouldn't be an option.

When we scheduled dinner our friend asked what kind of wine we liked.  I knew they didn't drink so I said we weren't drinking, just trying to be healthier and lose weight.  He said "great, since we don't drink either."   Perfect, no big deal.  I asked what we could bring and he said just ourselves.

So last night right as we show up they start offering drinks.  Asked if we would like some wine.  I said no thanks and had lemonade, hubs had a diet coke.  They had water and lemonade.

Then, as we were sitting down to dinner, the wife asked if I wouldn't like a glass of wine with dinner.  Wow, that was a tough one but I was able to say "no thanks, I'm driving anyway".  Issue averted.

We had a lovely dinner and were home by about 8:15pm, grabbed some tea and hopped into bed to read for awhile.

Time to go workout!


1 comment: