My Lists

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

June 6 - endorphins

I spent some down time today reading up on endorphins and how to release them.

Here is what was in the article:

1) Eat chocolate - but my problem is that I will eat too much...
2) Eat your favorite food - been doing that, need to figure out how to make healthy foods my favorite foods!
3) Exercise -  I know, I know...okay I'm trying this
4) Laugh - that I do but maybe could do more of.  I do like watching comedians.
5) Sex - hmmm....pretty good in this department, not sure I can handle more though.  Will keep this in my endorphin toolbox though.
6) Music - good point.  I do relax when I listen to music.  Could do more of this.
7) Group exercise class - not sure why this isn't considered under exercise but maybe because of the social component.  I suppose this means I should use the gym membership instead of treating it like my monthly charity contribution and actually give some of the group classes a whirl.
8) Eat hot peppers - geezel.  Well, maybe I'll try more spicy food and see what will happen, although not sure my gut can handle that.
9) Spray lavender everywhere - the boys would kill me...
10) Spike your drink - seriously, was recommended.  But of course don't party too hard it says...okay scratch that off the list.
11) Acupuncture - not on your life.  Getting my blood drawn this morning was traumatic enough with only one needle!

I just figure that if I can figure out other ways to release my endorphins, other than via wine and food, I will be a lot better off.

I can add for myself: 
1) flipping through Coastal Living, Sunset and Architectural Digest magazines while drinking tea
2) bubble baths with that chromatherapy light on to soothing colors in my air tub - mostly in winter
3) reading a good book next to the fountain
4) dancing to ABBA on the wii

Didn't drink last night, won't drink tonight.  Ate fast food today and didn't exercise.  Damn. Oh well.  Didn't drink.  Didn't drink.  Didn't drink.

I need to create a different way of getting endorphins going during the witching hours without relying on wine to do it.

Off to eat some salsa and drink alcohol free beer while listening to music! 

Next two nights should be good to go with sporting events so next challenge will be Saturday and by then I'll have over a week under my belt!

HD

No comments:

Post a Comment