My Lists

Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 30

The end of June.  Hmmm....

Didn't make it 30 days without having wine.  Didn't blog everyday either.

Still didn't drink 20 of those days, though, which is a huge improvement since I started really reducing again in May.  But could have done better.

Sort of punted on vacation.  Thought I might be able to resist but then I didn't.  I feel a little guilty for indulging but I guess that's to be expected.  The good news is that I am not in a state of self loathing.

I know it would be easier to give it all up but for now I'm content with managing the fight.

And I had an awesome time on vacation.  We were gone 6 days, 2 of which were travel days.  In the remaining 4 days I cantered a horse, fished, hiked and kayaked.  I now need a vacation from my vacation.  I did have wine though.  But I was up cheery and clear headed everyday at 6am, ready for that days adventure.  I loved the time the hubs and I got alone.  The last time the hubs and I were able to take a truly alone vacation was back in 2016 when I wasn't drinking. Surprisingly both were fun.  Alcohol really isn't necessary.

But I'm still fat and still drinking more than healthy, or considered normal, when I do drink.  I admit, it felt fun to let go without letting go too much.  But now, getting back in the saddle will be tough again.  It always is.

I suppose I'll keep plodding along until I get tired of this, as others have.

I'm a little stressed at having to go get an MRI after my mammogram.  But I've been in this rodeo before.....mammo, MRI, ultrasound....come back in 6 months, do it again.  Lumps and bumps.  At least they are monitoring for changes and have baselines but it's always a bit nerve wracking.  Not exactly a great excuse for imbibing this past week, but it's my excuse.  I own it.

6 comments:

  1. Progress is progress — it’s all part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As SamKD wrote, "progress" that's all that matters. June went by so fast, when you think about it; try your best to get on the saddle! Also, try not to stress on the MRI, hard not to but at least you know what to expect. xoxo, ll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your MRI goes well. I think any progress is a step in the right direction. 20 days out of 30 is great. Even when I would have times like this where I didn't drink more than I did drink, I would still end up being over the recommended guidelines. I would feel like a teetotaller and then realise I'd still gone over the limits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plodding along is perfect. Take care of yourself. Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you lady?? Keep us posted! I hope the mri went well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking in! All clear in the boob area! Just haven't had the urge to blog but hope to soon!!

    ReplyDelete