My Lists

Monday, June 4, 2018

June 4

Yesterday I got my closet cleaned out, or most of it anyway.  Still a bit to go.  But I stopped for the afternoon once I filled up an entire old suitcase of things that had accumulated over the past 20 years.  I had a fleeting thought of trying to sell the items, since I can use the money, but then just wanted to get them out of my house, out of my life.

A friend has a thrift shop that benefits a charity so I'll be sending them all her way once I'm finished.  It felt good to get them out of my closet.  A bit scary, though, is the fact that my closet doesn't really look that different.  Wow, I had a ton of stuff mashed in there.

I admit to keeping a few things in there that I hope to fit into again someday.....

Speaking of which I finally weighed myself for the first time in 4 weeks.  Yikes.  I weigh back to what I weighed in the fall when I did the shred diet and it fell off.  However, this time I have been building muscle through workouts over the past 3 weeks.  I am hoping that I am in the process of replacing the fluffy fat with the dense muscle.  I feel as if I am building muscle and it's just pushing against the existing fat, unfortunately.   I look forward to the muscle starting to burn away that fat!  Just trying to have patience.

I was so sore yesterday from Saturday's workout that other than being on my feet and walking back and forth a lot while closet cleaning, I didn't do a specific workout.  I did play in the pool with my son for about an hour and we played with the jai alai rackets so that involved a bit of a jumping and throwing workout.

Diet was so so.  I'm eating healthier, and consuming better types of bread (rye, multigrain), but still have the bread... which is probably problematic in some regard.  Will give up bread in July to see if weight loss accelerates but for June just trying to eliminate junk, fast food especially.  Two oreo cookies snuck in yesterday, and a little ice cream after dinner but today aiming for carrots.  I did make a spinach, corn and strawberry salad for dinner (leftover corn and berries) that was actually very good with a raspberry vinaigrette.  I'm not generally a spinach salad eater but I liked it enough to think about variations for the future!

Didn't drink.  Had two Old Milwaukee non alcoholic beers by pool and then water for dinner, tea during movie.  We all watched a movie last night on Amazon and I enjoyed the together time.

Time to go do some sort of workout and then off to work.....


3 comments:

  1. All in all, a good day. Didn't drink was the best part, but close second was getting rid of "stuff" you no longer need to hold on to! I did a few exercises before I went into the shower this morning, I'm going to try and follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for holding my hand!!!!

      Delete
    2. It's more like we've holding hands together, with you in the lead. This is helping me more than you know. Thank you.

      Delete