My Lists

Sunday, June 10, 2018

June 10

Well I made it through a hurdle last night.  My hubs needed an ingredient for dinner and stepped out to go to the store.  It took everything I had to not ask him to get some wine.  I think he half wanted me to.  I know if I had just said "hey, let's have some wine tonight" he would have been game, proud of us lasting all week.  It wasn't even like I really wanted it but the urge to ask was huge!!  I just wanted to sort of "punt" and sit down with wine and tv for the evening.

Instead I grabbed a hot chocolate protein shake.

I didn't do much all day.  First time for that in a long time.  I spent the day only doing laundry despite my still messy house.  Okay, it's not really messy but I see the dust that needs dusting which drives me crazy.  But that can wait.

I was so tired for some reason.  I went to my morning workout and did fine but then about noon, I just crashed, hit a wall!  Laid in bed for an hour, not really sleeping but just completely zoned out.  That kind of lethargy where you can't move a limb and feel drugged.  Then I came out of it and just stayed in bed reading Sober Mummy's book, which I had yet to finish.

I played a game with my son in the afternoon called Quirkle. It's one of my favs.  We also played brain games on Kahoot with our phones.  That's a really cool program.  You set the laptop up with the topic and then each person enters their answers on their cell phone like jeopardy.  We did games but they have it for school topics ....and you can create your own quiz too.  Fun!

Hubs made dinner and we hit the jacuzzi with our alcohol free brut while it was cooking in the oven.  You know what?  It was fine and it was fun.

Then we caught up on a tv show and went to bed.

Today we are going to head out on a beautiful hike.  I'm really sore from my workouts but hopefully it will be a good stretch!

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. You didn't give up, when the going was tough. Today was a beautiful day, hope your hike was invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was special. Seeing wild horses while hiking never gets old!

      Delete