My Lists

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Over and Out...for a bit

I like that expression.  Over and Out.  It epitomizes conflicting information for me.

It's been popular here in movies and tv, especially while I was growing up, as a way of ending radio communications.  We used to hear it on police and emergency shows.  The funny thing about it is that it's completely Hollywood!

Nobody actually says Over and Out.  I was a pilot in my younger years and I was shocked to find that this wasn't a legitimate radio communication term.  You might say Over if you want the other person on the other end of the radio to keep talking or you might say Out if you are done.  But you would never say Over and Out.

I thought of this today as I picked up my computer to check blogs.  My internet connection here is horrible.  Checking blog posts takes forever so I have been defaulting to my mobile hotspot.  Unfortunately now I'm about out of data allowance and I need what's left to finish working.

I am overwhelmed in many ways.  I need a vacation from this vacation.  So today the Over part was hitting me as I wanted to keep checking blogs and lending support.  But I also felt the Out part....I'm wiped, I need to put down this sobriety issue and tune it out for bit....I need to read my novels.

I'm going to go radio silent for a few days until this vacation is complete.  Back in touch Sunday or Monday or, gosh forbid, sooner if I have (please NO!) airport delays.

No worries here....I am good regarding no drinking.   I don't think that will be any issue until I'm back but if I do get a craving, I will be sure to post.

I just need to tune out everything for a few days and escape into my books and the beautiful beach.  I feel like I am abandoning this sober universe so please forgive me for my short hiatus...I just need to recharge.

All the best and back to you soon,
HD

13 comments:

  1. I wanted to reply simply 'Roger' but this jumped into my head...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBZf0QdKdE - hope it doesn't eat too much data. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and your books! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and look forward to hearing from you when you are back. Reading a novel by the beach sounds wonderful. Over and out! A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally cool, HD! Do yo' thang! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relaxing and catching up on some novels sound lovely. You know we are here if you need us x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were a pilot? That's amazing! How did that happen? No need to answer now. After vacation works. I also take breaks from the blog now and then. I think it's healthy as it gets you back into the "real" world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take time to enjoy your reading. For me that is always a great way to reset. Enjoy your downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to take a rest break. You deserve it! Selfishly, I'll miss you. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A family gathering-for me- has never been a vacation! Hopefully, you will enjoy some rest and get a real YOU vacation soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Do post your recommended reading, I'm looking for some good books to take on my imminent holiday. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, that from time to time, we need to check out of being on-line.
    I always feel like I need a vacation from vacation at times!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete