My Lists

Monday, May 2, 2016

Life's Scorecards

Day 9

A new day, a new work week.  Yesterday I posted about my drinking lists.

I realize that I can apply this scorecard thing to a lot of things....

- Motherhood....what's hard, what's not.....this one is easy, I love being a mom.  Never thought I would but it's pure joy, even when conflicting with my son.

- Wifehood - is that a word?  This one is harder but my scorecard is still heavily to the pro and not the con.  Sometimes I find myself focused on the negative and realize it's not the marriage or the guy that I have issues with, it's usually feeling frustrated about something else as well and it manifests itself by me mentally picking on my man.  Drinking exacerbated this, a big no-no to keeping everyone happy!

- Careerhood -lol - is my job satisfying? Am I doing what I want to do?

One of my reasons for wanting to drink is to just shut down and relax.

I'm not living up to my potential and it bothers me.  There is so much more I can be doing in all of the above arenas.  I think I was finally able to try and tackle the alcohol-free thing because it is part of a bigger transformation.

Baby steps though.....I need to get a few weeks under my belt, clear my head and body of alcohol, before I move too much further forward. The Hello Sunday Morning blogger I follow has a goal list on the right hand side of her page. I like that.  I think writing down goals is a good thing to do.

I'm reading a book called Eat, Pray, Love Made Me Do It .  I first read the original Eat, Pray, Love back in 2010.  Everyone else I knew had read it years before.  I finally picked up a copy....and...wow. It was hilarious and thought provoking at the same time.  I don't have the author's wanderlust spirit but so much of it resonated with me.  This current book is just a bunch of stories from people who changed their life after reading the original book.  Very entertaining and again thought provoking.  Some drinkers in those stories too.

I am going to work on my goal list now.  Maybe I'll post someday...but then I'll have to be accountable to it....hmm....

1 pound came off the scale today though.  Wow, with a goal of 20 lbs this is going to be a long ride...

HD

4 comments:

  1. Hey that's pretty amazing that one pound has already come off! Some don't see that for several weeks. Congrats on day 9! Lovely number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a "no weigh" policy as I can't stand the mental torture of weighing in but you gotta be pleased with 1 lb. Unfortunately my sweetie consumption is negating any weight loss. Will check out the book sounds awesome! You are doing great and your list idea is an inspration that I think I will try also - love it applied to other areas of life - must away but speak soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree HD, not really possible to transform for the better when wine's standing in the way. You'll be able to see clearly what you need to do and what can be left as is. That's something I'm hoping for too, more clarity.
    Losing a pound a week is ideal, I'd be very pleased with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same as you, could be doing more with my life. Living alcohol free will open up time and space for new things for us. I can't wait. It does feel like baby steps!

    ReplyDelete