My Lists

Saturday, May 21, 2016

4 weeks

Day 28

Not drinking tonight will be 4 weeks.  I'm getting closer to that elusive 30 number that I thought was so far away a few weeks ago.

Blogging this time has helped.

This is what I think today....

1) Cravings do fade, they really do.
2) I do have more energy.  Not like the energizer bunny but noticeable nonetheless.
3) My face looks brighter, more refreshed.
4) I do sleep better.  I get up earlier ready to face the day.
5) My habits are changing for the better.
6) I'm learning how to make do with mocktails.
7) My mood is much improved.  Hubby confirmed less moody, more even-keeled.
8) I'm not as bothered by stress.
9) My clothes fit better even if scale hasn't moved much.
10) Overall, I am much, so so much, happier about life in general.

Now, my memory.....well, suffice to say I think all this thinking about not drinking is making me a bit forgetful and spacey.....must be taking up a lot of brain cells.   (Example - I wrote this whole post as being 3 weeks and caught it that it was 4 weeks just before I published it! Was great to gain a week!)

But at least I'm remembering what I did last night!!!

HD


17 comments:

  1. Oh yes the forgetfulness. I'm right there with you. Feel the same way about the big 30 as you. You're doing really well HD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ripley! Helps to read blogs from others further along!

      Delete
  2. That's great it's all going so well. I'm feeling really tired, hopefully it will pass soon. 4 weeks is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have moments of great lethargy and then moments of feeling normal. But getting better bit by bit I think.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hi HD, congrats on day 28! That is so awesome. You are doing so well!. Only a couple more days and you'll be on day 30! That was my first milestone. I'm sorry I deleted my previous comments, i thought I was still in Red's blog! I'm using my phone, which I hate! Too easy to make mistakes! Anyway, have a great day. A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm not one to talk..I leave duplicate comments everywhere!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on day 28! Sounds like you're doing great! I've had some memory lapses too very recently and I've wondered whether it's related to quitting drinking. Good to be reminded that remembering what I did last night is what matters. Take care xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some research and fuzzy brain is common. After 2 months should be much improved. I'm hopeful!! This past week I spaced out a quite a few things. Time to walk around with a notepad for a bit I think!

      Delete
  6. This is so fantastic. You are doing so well. It really does feel good not drinking- it sounded unbelievable to me before, but it's the truth! Go you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cricket! Doing my morning blog surfing, nice to have your comment pop up!

      Delete
  8. Yes to all the things on your list. Except my memory seems to be improving and I get up late every single day! Congrats on day 28!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe mine will start to improve soon, I'm hopeful!!! Congrats to you too!!

      Delete
  9. So happy for you! As I write this lost tomorrow is day 30!!!!! Woohoo!! That is a big deal! And my memory still stinks!!! I always thought it was the wine! Xo

    ReplyDelete