My Lists

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Another quick post

My last post was important to me.....but after reading this before I went to bed....well, not so much.

What a wake up call for that 22 yr old...


LDS mom of 6 killed while driving home from visiting twin baby girls in NICU


https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865690686/LDS-mom-of-6-killed-while-driving-home-from-visiting-twin-baby-girls-in-NICU.html

On Friday, Oct. 6, Katie Evans, a 37-year-old LDS mother of six, was driving home from visiting her premature twin girls in the NICU when her car was struck by another car whose driver is alleged to have been under the influence of alcohol. Evans was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene, just a mile from her home in Santa Clarita, California.
Her husband, Jacob Evans, explained that their twin girls were not expected to survive but are now nearly 8-weeks-old and thriving.
"That's the irony, right? Is that you have dozens of medical professionals who have spent years training, and they've spent months actually working to save two lives that we thought would be lost, and then we have a life we thought we'd have that was lost just because of two bad decisions: one to go out drinking and the other — worse one — to drive afterward, and obviously it breaks my heart and it's broken six little hearts," Jacob Evans told ABC 7.
According to The Signal, the driver of the other vehicle was a 22-year-old female. Alcohol containers were found in her car. She was charged with a misdemeanor DUI pending future investigation.
YouCaring page to benefit the family has currently raised over $165,000.
“Jacob and family are incredibly grateful for the tremendous outpouring of support and love,” an update to the page on Monday said. “We want to share with you some good news: The twins are doing surprisingly well. Both Sarah and Hannah have doubled their birth weight and doctors are planning for them to come home in four to six weeks.”
Driving drunk is not something I do.  Why I draw the line there I don't know but I have, with very, very few circumstances, that I acknowledge and am ashamed of.  Truly, I was just lucky and I guess so were others.  Probably many of us can relate.  This article just hit me in the solar plexus.  So sad.

5 comments:

  1. I read about this the day after it happened and it really shook me to my core. It is so very sad for all involved....but especially to those 6 little hearts and 1 loving husband. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the biggest reasons I don't drink anymore. I did drive drunk, and it was only a matter of time before I hurt myself or somebody else.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on the news, so sad. That poor mother and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO very sad...that could have been me. Unfortunately, I did drive drunk. Sometimes in a blackout. I am not that person, yet I am...another reason to be grateful I am not drinking today!!! Thank you for sharing, it is a very sad reality and sobering if we survive it.

    ReplyDelete