My Lists

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 10: The beauty of the blog

I didn't think I would really have any wine cravings yesterday.  Hubby is traveling a lot so he literally flew home Sunday night and out last night again.

After I took him to the airport late afternoon, I went back to work but was hit with a wine craving.  I have that bottle of white in my refrigerator still, unopened, and that little sucker had a voice last night.  I opened the wine drawer, cursed softly at it, smacked it's bottle and grabbed the AF wine next to it.

A mocktail and a half later with dinner starting to cook I was still craving it.  I sat down, finishing my second, and perused the blogs.  Found a blogger who recounted her miss-step of the night before.

That post saved me.  It hit home.  I knew that if I started opening that bottle I would be so proud to have just one glass....but then the "oh one more won't hurt" would happen.  Then it would be easy to go to three.  Then I would just finish the whole bottle because I wouldn't want there to be any left in the house.... because I would be quitting again.....after all, it would just be that one night.

Then I would buy more white wine at the grocery store and start again when I was ready....I mean I would have already messed up so why bother, right?

After reading that blog, I felt satiated.  Somehow my craving had been satisfied.  I didn't want the above to happen.  I still wanted the wine in concept but knew it wasn't for me.

I fixed dinner while finishing the mocktail and relaxed with my tea afterward.

We all mess up.  We all miss our goals sometimes.  If I drink I will certainly share it here.  You never know whom your blog post will hit, will impact, may save, even if you are just writing thoughts down for yourself.......

HD

8 comments:

  1. We do mess up. But ther e is a saying that when we know better, we do better.

    Get rid of e wine. Give it away. Pour it down the drain. It is a risky thing to have in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. And I agree - get rid of that wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, tonight it didn't bother me. It really is the "process" for me. I need to relax at the end of the evening. I grabbed two mocktails while talking to a friend and catching up on the phone. Felt just like I had when I used to do that drinking. Felt more relaxed but, even better, I remembered what we talked about!

      Delete
  3. Get rid of that wine HD! It will haunt you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staring at that bottle seems to be helping me think through the whole thing. I am able to see what will happen. I know it won't be one glass. Especially when I am alone!

      Delete
  4. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot!
    דירה דיסקרטית

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource...
    best workout supplements

    ReplyDelete