My Lists

Monday, November 7, 2016

Dry November Week 2

Kicking off week 2 here.  Weight: 167.8lbs.  Not sure I really lost any pounds vs water weight but nice to see some small change.

I didn't have too many cravings this week and the one on Friday night passed quickly.

It helps to have a new perspective.  While I still don't use the word forever, my new mantra is 1 whole bottle.  In other words, if/when I drink again, I will drink a whole bottle.

By admitting this to myself, or even allowing for it, it helps me think through the whole evening better.  Instead of fighting with myself that I'll only have 2 drinks, I'm preparing myself for the effect of the whole bottle.  The lack of sleep, lack of desire to exercise, lack of desire to get chores done, the fuzzy feeling the next day, etc.

This was helpful this week because I didn't want any of that.

I don't know that I'm ever going to be a total nondrinker.  But in viewing this as if I am sometimes going to give myself a pass but also understanding what I am taking on, I think it will keep the frequency lower.  We'll see.

For now, I feel great.  Nice to see fully bright eyes in the mirror, a desire to work on my physical fitness, an eagerness toward meal planning for the family and an overall desire to get things done.

To anyone doing this dry November with me, feel free to always email offline as well!!

HD

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome, week two! It does feel better than drinking! Well I'm only on day 3 as you know, but still feel better.

    I'd love to lose weight which I know I will never do while drinking.

    I pretty much always drink the bottle too, and I'd have no problem with it if it happened occasionally, but I do it way too often. I have tried moderation for 3 years and it works for a bit and then all of a sudden it doesn't. I wish I could do it, but I don't think I'll ever moderate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sept/Oct was really my first ever attempt at moderation after my first ever sustained period of abstinence. If I would just listen to those who have gone before I'd probably save myself time...but we all have to learn our lessons for ourselves I guess! Well, you staying dry will pull me along, likely, as it did before on many occasions! :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of not even pretending to negotiate, just acknowledging that the bottle will be drunk. Will try this.
    I've just posted an entry: I broke my sober momentum and drank. Super annoyed with myself right now but I'm dusting myself down and trying again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it too late to join in the Dry November thing? Going for the small goals. Right now is the 30 goal. Congrats on the 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! The more who tell me they are joining, the better of a chance I will succeed! To clarify, it's one week down, just on week two now! :-)

      Delete